Thursday, September 21, 2023

Hiragana Chart

 

I don’t remember most of what I did to learn English as a kid. I do know from my mom that I struggled a lot with learning English in general. And that it took me a lot longer to learn than the others. I was put into a separate classes than the other students because I wasn’t learning at the same speed. Apparently I even had a teachers that said I would never learn to write which did not turn out to be true thank goodness. Later I got tested and it turned out I just had some learning disability’s and I Clearly still have a lot of trouble with spelling and grammar as well. I know that learning hiragana is going to be a struggle for me because my memorization skills are not the best but learning a new language is always going to be a struggle. So far I’ve been able to recognize a lot of hiragana and know the sounds they make but actually knowing the word that I’m reading is not to my ability so i never really understand what I’m reading. Even still Im really excited to learn hiragana and hopefully one day be able to read it with no little to no effort at all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. There is some research about reading/learning challenges and how they are not the same when learning to read Japanese. Many students who have dyslexia find hiragana easier because the sound never changes and it is a whole image. Just take it a kana at a time and soon you'll see the whole words. You may even like seeing Japanese with Kanji better!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Life

Overall I say the biggest noticeable difference when comparing these cultures is collectivism vs individualism. Japan is a collectivist cult...